Monday, July 20, 2009

Wood you be mine?

photo from bcyrjewelery

I love my engagement ring.

Never having been a real fan of multi-faceted diamonds, I have always leaned more towards the clearer step cuts, such as emerald or Asscher.

My ring is a modest 3 stone emerald cut in white gold. I did not want my house on my finger, so I made Gavan promise me that whatever he bought would not break the bank (like the Tiffany and Tacori ones I secretly coveted).

I do not share quite the same affection for my wedding band however. It simply is the ring that fit the best with my engagement ring, looked decent on my finger (a feat in itself considering most of my family refer to my digits in terms best reserved for cured meat), and now of course is precious to me because of its irreplaceable sentimental value.

The other day, I gouged my little son's back with my ring, and it made me contemplate, as I sometimes do, putting both rings aside in favor of something more practical for the time being. It seems diapers and babies don't mix well with shiny rocks, and a simple band seems more fitting with my stay-at-home lifestyle.

I've kept my eye open for a temporary replacement, but haven't really seen anything that interested me until now. Things I love can usually be summed up because they fall in one of these categories: traditional, vintage or whimsical. Happily, I discovered these bark rings on Etsy that would certainly fit the bill for practicality yet appease my craving for all things woodland-inspired. Etsy Seller bcyrjewelry has created such lovely, simple yet unique pieces that would be so perfect for any bride or groom with a love of the great outdoors and are available in sterling silver, gold or palladium white gold.

Maybe I'll drop some hints for an upcoming anniversary that this would be a perfect stand-in wedding band until our kids are a little older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails