Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Flickr Inspr-ation: Fabric Swatch Portraits.

This idea has been floating around the internet for awhile, so my apologies if you’ve seen it, but I really love it. I have long displayed plates in a similar manner so this feels familiar and fresh to me at the same time. Two of my all time favorite Flickr nurseries featured this idea, and there are many more examples of this lovely decor idea to be found. In fact, there’s a whole Flickr group devoted to swatch portraits which is full of inspiration.

I especially love it because I have a small obsession with fabric, but don’t sew. At all. Not even to re-attach a button. It’s kind of embarrassing and doesn’t give me many opportunities to indulge my love of textiles. This gives a non-sewer a way to display all the beautiful prints, colors and patterns that exist in amazing quantity.

I can see assembling a collection over a sideboard, sofa or dresser or even to brighten up a long dark hallway or any empty wall.

Now to only find me some vintage hoops and begin collecting!

mclassid via Flickr

From mclassid


emmmylizzzy via Flickr

From emmmylizzzy

workroom via flickr

From the workroom

mayalu via Flickrembroidery 5 From Mayalu

Purl Bee via FlickrFrom the Purl Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails