Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shabby Sister

I have an 11 year old daughter. A developed 11 year old daughter. It is hard to find clothes for her that aren't too childish, but don't grow her up too fast either. I have a hard time with young girls looking like adults. For that matter I have a hard time with some of the clothing adult women choose to wear which is why I have always loved Shabby Apple for their modest yet stylish line of dresses. Totally appropriate for church, but still fashionable enough for almost every other occasion... date nights, weddings, work, shopping and every other facet of a modern woman's busy existence.

It always bothered me though, that while they had a beautiful adult line and adorable baby line, they, like everyone else, left out the "in between" girls who sit, poised, on the cusp of womanhood. Thankfully, and without even a kindly nudge from me (who often likes to write long letters to clothing retailers about these very issues), they have been announcing a pre-teen line to debut soon.

Well after weeks of religiously (snicker) checking their site for a glimpse of the new line, today I see that the first offerings from Shabby Sister are finally available for girls in sizes 10, 12 and 14.

The dresses are just what I imagined (if perhaps a little on the adult side, I had hoped to see more of the bolder, brighter patterns of the little girls frocks and maybe some designs a wee bit younger) and are very in keeping with the Shabby Apple aesthetic, but still so age-appropriate for young ladies.

Luckily for my young lady, she has been requested to stand up with the wedding party at my cousin's wedding, and thanks to Shabby Apple we have found (and already ordered ) just the perfect dress. Drama Queen in purple will tie in with the wedding party colors quite nicely, although the Fashionista version of the same design is breathtaking in a creamy white. Did I mention this dress is only $46 USD? It's too good to be true right?

I am so excited to have a new place to shop for my girl where the clothes are actually dressy, appropriate, modest, adorable and pleasing to both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails