Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bathroom Inspiration

We are going to renovate our bathroom hopefully very soon. It’s kind of on the “must-do” list now that the tiles are literally falling out and have been temporarily duct-tape and garbage-bagged back into place by my McGyver-esque husband.

The bathroom reno is kind of leaving me a little bit confused. Confused because I know what I love, but I am not sure how long we plan to be in this home. It is definitely not my idea of a “forever” home, but you know how things can go… two years becomes ten and ten becomes twenty-five. Or not and we move and have a bathroom that is not appropriate for the rest of the house or the area.

I also must remember that it is not a master bath, even though it is the one us masters use every day. It is a family and guest bathroom all rolled into one. In other words it is the only main floor bathroom and thus I’m not sure carrera marble countertop and antique vanities are really toddler-friendly.

Did I mention that our bathroom is only 5 x 8? Yeah a whole whopping 40 sq. ft to be confused about. So while I’m pondering the possibilities, here are some of the bathrooms I love and hope to draw on for inspiration when we finally get to ours.

bathroom-tub-window-htours (image from Country Living)

Love the claw-foot tub, creamy white palette and iron toiletry shelf.


35_2 35_1

(images from Sarah Richardson)

Subway tile, cottage-inspired beadboard, watery paint tones; all the things I dream of.


image

(image from remodel this life via cafemom)

Love this tile pattern and the rustic console table.


image

(image from Canadian House and Home)

Love the big windows and aqua tub and hex tile.


Some of these looks will have to wait for our dream bathroom in our dream house, but I hope that some of them we’ll be able to work into our remodel.

1 comment:

  1. Both our bathrooms are about the same size! I'm looking forward to seeing how your remodel turns out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails