Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flower Power

This was the bridal bouquet I made for my cousin Lori's August nuptials. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out except for the fact that petals kept dropping off the lilies every time you touched them. I had purchased a set of vintage Sherman clip-on earrings for the bride to fasten to her shoes, and was so pleased to find out that she had a similar brooch which I attached to the turquoise ribbon I used to wrap the stems.

Lori and Don have a lovely home with a spectacular yard filled with all sorts of bright summery blooms, and as the reception was held at their home, we thought we would try to echo the colors and feel of her garden in the bouquets and reception centerpieces. We used a mix of roses, lilies, alstromeria, fresh lavender and solidago. I think we were successful, and I hope she liked the flowers inside the house as much as the ones she carefully tended all summer long.

Congratulations again to the newlyweds!

2009-08-01 - August 2009 160

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails