Monday, October 5, 2009

Guess who's comin' town??

Nope it's not Santa Claus, although if the snowflakes today are any indication he's not far behind. I bet even Santa will be pleased with this exciting announcement however, as it's bound to make his Christmas shopping so much easier. Among the many US retailers that have set up shop in our fair city, another welcome name is about to open their doors to Canadian shoppers.

Crate and Barrel will be celebrating the grand opening of their second Canadian store at Southcentre Mall in Calgary on October 7th.

I'm excited that along with some of the other big name retailers that have made their way across the border in the last couple of years (Sephora, Bath and Body Works, Anthropologie, West-Elm, Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn to name a few) we now have one more often-seen-never-shopped-at source for reasonably priced, well-designed furnishings like the ones we often covet from our neighbours to the south.

Some of the Crate and Barrel offerings I'm eyeing are:




I love everything about this Ankara chair, from the intricate design of the frame to the richness of the wood and the linen-look cushion. It has an ethnic feel which I love in light doses and I think its airy appearance would look just right in a small space.
Ahhh, bunk-beds. How I love to hate you even though I'm pretty sure I will be making your acquaintance sooner than I wish. And if bunk-beds are the best option we'll have for housing two boys in a small bedroom, it doesn't hurt when they are as attractive as these. I love the option to have a trundle bed pull out for sleepovers, and the clean cottage vibe of this set. They also come apart into separate twin beds just in case we ever have more space to work with. Now if only they came in black.


Throw pillows and cherry blossoms are two of my favorite design elements, so when they combine as delicately as this, I'm always sure to love the results. There is also an upholstered chair in the same fabric should a cushion not quite satisfy your longing for spring-time blossoms all year round.


How I wish I could convince my husband to trade in his unsightly cumbersome leather desk chair for this sleek new bentwood office chair. With all the hours he spends working in front of his computer, I have the feeling he won't be convinced that trading comfort for looks is a worthy endeavour, but I'll keep this one filed away as a possibility for the little corner office nook I have planned in our make-believe living room reno.


Our plan for the kitchen includes a new pedestal table with an extension. Finding the right look in our price-range however is proving more difficult than I would have imagined. Lucky for us Crate and Barrel has several options for pedestal tables that are all worthy of consideration. I like this Avalon extension version that comes in white or black and for a very affordable price point.


And if after enticing you with all of these luscious finds proximity to a brick and mortar Crate and Barrel is still an issue, don't despair... they offer international shipping from their online store!

Happy Shopping Calgary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails