Monday, October 26, 2009

Kijiji Score

Image from Restoration Hardware

I made my first purchase today for our looming bathroom reno, and I’m really hoping it’s an indication of the way the rest of the project is going to go down.

Whilst perusing Kijiji as I do faithfully, every day, I happened upon Restoration Hardware’s Vintage Oval-Pivot mirror in the satin nickel finish. This was the exact mirror I was coveting, and was willing to pay full price for, but luckily I didn’t have to!

The website lists the price as $285 USD, but I brought it home, brand-new in the box I might add, for $45 smackeroos. Yes, that’s kind of ridiculous isn’t? I’m rubbing my hands together Mr. Burns-style from the sheer glee of getting away with such a steal.

The nice lady I purchased it from was going to donate it to the Habitat for Humanity Restore if no one purchased it, which has been long on my list of places to visit, but has now been bumped to the top if I'm likely to find these kinds of bargains!

These are usually the kinds of finds I read about enviously, so I’m so thrilled that my diligence in checking out the ads daily has paid off, and I can post one of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails