Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mobile Mystery

One of the remaining things I have yet to finish up in the boys’ nursery is the addition of a mobile. I realize it’s getting kinda pointless as the “baby” is now 13 months old, but I still love the look of them even in adult spaces.

The reason it’s taken so long? I just haven’t found one that I really adore or am willing to spend the money on.

Two that are on the short list come courtesy of the Vancouver-based design firm Contexture.

I wrote about their gorgeous Coffee Cuff for Elemente Magazine in 2007, and have been no less impressed by their newer work.

These mobiles are made from laser-cut recycled paper and salvaged maps. I might need them both… one for each boy right?

As the Crow Flies

Redfish

1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic! I love the simple and classic subway tiles, you can't go wrong with those babies!
    carrara mosaic tile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails