Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Progress!

Things are finally starting to come together for our bathroom reno. Today I picked out the tile, with the floor to be still finalized.

We will be doing a very classic 3x6 glossy white subway for the tub surround, with a band of Carrara blend mosaic as accent. It is beautiful with little frosted, clear glass and carrara marble tiles in white and watery blues and grays. The accent tile, which we only need 4 sq. feet of, cost as much as all of the subway, so even a band of it will be a splurge but totally worth it I think!

For the floor, I decided to forgo my much loved hex tile, for something a little more practical (read: dirt-hiding), and have tentatively picked out a light gray 12 x 24 porcelain tile that has a little bit of variegation. I am contemplating a herringbone pattern for this rectangular tile, and wondering if it would be more obvious in the 6 x 24 version of the same tile. The flooring will definitely be a more modern contrast to the other vintage fixtures, but I'm ok with that. I think the blend of modern/vintage will be a good fit for our family.

Aside from the tile, I've purchased the vanity top (Carrara marble with undermount sink), the vanity and mirror.

All that's left to do is finalize tub, toilet and fixtures (faucets and lights) and we should be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails